Vidya Institute is dedicated to the teaching of Classical Yoga and ancient wisdom traditions, and offers courses of practice and study that highlight their relevance to our contemporary world. At the heart of our teachings is a belief in a holistic approach to health and self-transformation that takes into consideration the whole individual.
I’m delighted to present you with our new long-distance learning pathways. These programs emphasize the application of philosophy to your Iyengar Yoga practice and teachings, as well as the practice of traditional Indian chants, sūtra recitation and mantras.
We’ve made great effort to present these deep philosophical teachings in a way that’s easy to digest, and apply, to your practice. In the words of my son, Daniel, “It’s Yoga philosophy without over-intellectualization – it’s surprisingly easy to understand and put into practice”.
If you’re interested in deepening your practice and understanding the lesser-known aspects of Iyengar’s profound method, then these programs are perfect for you.
Foundational Program (includes 1-4) $250 USD ($350 USD as of 02/15/19)
Advanced Program (includes 1-6) $350 USD ($450 USD as of 02/15/19)
- Yogic Alignment: Alignment With The Sacred, the Seer and traditional maps of Yoga.
- Mind-Body Control: Concentration & Precision In Practice
- Holistic Yogic Cleansing: Steps & Stages Of Purification (sattvification) In Practice
- Walking the Eightfold Path: Sequencing & Integration In Practice
- The “Soul-Psychology” of Patanjali l: Reincarnation & The Meaning Of Suffering In Yoga
- The “Soul-Psychology” of Patanjali ll: The Karma doctrine of India and the deeper aspects of the mind (kleshas)
*For more information and to view/listen to samples of the course please click on the ‘Distance Learning’ tab in the above menu.